- 2 cups Frico Gouda cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Frico Old Dutch Master cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Frico Edam cheese, shredded
- 1 garlic clove, halved crosswise
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Rub in side of a 4-quart heavy pot with cut sides of garlic, then discard garlic. Add lemon and water to pot and bring just to a simmer over moderate heat.
- Stir together cornstarch and water in a cup.
- Gradually add cheese to pot and cook, stirring constantly in a zigzag pattern (not a circular motion) to prevent cheese from balling up, until cheese is just melted and creamy (do not let boil).
- Stir cornstarch mixture again and stir in to fondue.
- Bring fondue to a simmer and cook, stirring, until thickened, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer to fondue pot set over a flame.
Get them from all leading supermarkets