Duration : 70 Minutes
Difficulty : Medium
- 1 Medium (1lb) Butternut Squash
- 1 Medium (3/4-1lb) Acorn Squash
- 2 TBSP Monini Originale Extra Virgin Olive Oil + more for drizzling
- 1 Small Yellow Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 3 1/2 C Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 C Heavy Cream + more for topping
- 1 Pomegranate
- 10 Fresh Sage Leaves
- Herb Croutons for topping
- Preheat the oven to 425 and line a sheet pan with foil for easy clean up. Slice both squash in half and remove the seeds. Rub with Monini Originale EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 50-60 minutes, until tender. Slice the onion in half and add it to the oven with squash at the 30 minute mark.
- While the squash and onion is roasting, fry the sage leaves.
- Add 1/4 C Monini Originale EVOO to a medium frying pan. Heat oil for a few minutes, then add sage leaves 2-3 at a time and fry very quickly – just 3-5 seconds.
- Let drain on paper. Towel. Set aside. Once the squash is cool enough to handle, add it to a high powered blender with the onion, garlic, salt, ginger, nutmeg, and broth. Blend until smooth. Stir in the heavy cream.
- Pour soup into bowls and top with a drizzle of oil and cream, pomegranate seeds, fried sage, and croutons.
Get them from all leading supermarkets