- 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped tender herbs (such as parsley, dill, and/or basil)
- 1 tbsp. chopped pickles (capers, cornichons, or chile)
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon or lime juice or white wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp.(or more) Monini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 4 5-oz. skin-on black bass, striped bass, snapper, or salmon fillets
- Flaky sea salt
- Using the side of a chef’s knife, mash anchovies (if using) and garlic on a cutting board until a coarse paste forms.
- Mix in a medium bowl with herbs, pickles, lemon juice, and 5 tbsp Monini EVOO.
- Season green sauce with kosher salt and pepper.
Swirl remaining 1 tbsp. Monini EVOO in a large nonstick skillet to coat.
- Season fish generously on both sides with salt and lay, skin side down, in a cold skillet.
- Place the skillet over medium heat and let it gradually heat up until the fat starts to cook out of fish. Continue to cook until skin is super-crisp and flesh is mostly opaque.
- Less fatty fish won’t release as much fat on their own, so you may need to add a splash more oil to the skillet if the skin isn’t getting crisp enough.
- Spoon green sauce onto a platter and carefully set fish, skin side up, on top. Sprinkle with sea salt.
Get them from all leading supermarkets