4 – 5 People
- 1/2 cup shredded Frico Gouda cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Frico Red Hot Dutch cheese
- 1/4 cup, packed, baby spinach leaves, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, pressed through garlic press
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 package puff pastry, thawed in fridge
- 1 egg, whisked, for egg wash
- Add all of the filling ingredients from the Gouda cheese up to and including the pinch of black pepper to a bowl, and mix well to combine; set aside.
- Place the thawed puff pastry sheet in front of you on a lightly floured work surface, unfold, and gently roll out to make it even and just slightly thinner; cut the puff pastry into 32 small rectangles (that’s 4 strips horizontally, 4 strips vertically, and then cut those 16 squares in half again).
- Add about a 1⁄2 teaspoon of the filling into the center of each.
- Brush the top edges with some of the egg wash, and fold the bottom over the filling to touch the top, and carefully press with your fingers to seal the edges; repeat until all are done, placing the little pockets onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the tops with more egg wash, and place them into the fridge to chill for about 15-20 minutes.
- While they chill, preheat your oven to 400° F; then, bake the puffs for 20-22 minutes, until golden-brown, crispy and puffy. Sprinkle some more parsley on top.
Get them from all leading supermarkets