- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 8 oz rectangles of focaccia ((4 x3 inch) (from a 20 oz. slab) )
- 2 cans Mutti® Cherry Tomatoes drained ((14 oz.) (Ciliegini), )
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella, cubed ((8 oz.) )
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced basil, divided
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- 1- tsp 1/2 kosher salt, divided
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Heat ¼ cup oil and garlic in a small saucepan over medium, until garlic just begins to sizzle, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Preheat broiler to high with rack 10-inches from top element. Brush bread slices on both sides with 3 tablespoons of the garlic oil, reserving 1 tablespoon for garnish.
- Broil 2-3 minutes per side or until toasted. Leave whole or cut into triangles if desired.
- Combine remaining ¼ cup olive oil, tomatoes, cheese, half of the basil, capers, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- Place bread on a platter and spoon tomato mixture onto bread. Sprinkle with remaining basil and salt. Drizzle with remaining garlic oil and vinegar.
Get them from all leading supermarkets