- 6 whole chicken thighs (boneless)
- 1 large onion (chopped into half rings)
- 2 small tomatoes (grated)
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 medium tortillas (or flat bread)
- 1/2 cup Frico Herbey Dutch cheese (wedge) (shredded)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 small lime
- 2 medium garlic clove (minced)
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 handful sprouts
- Place chicken in a bowl and add all marinade ingredients: onion, tomatoes, yoghurt, vinegar, oregano, sumac, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss together to make sure all pieces are well coated. Cover and leave to marinate for at least an hour.
- To prepare the garlic mayo, blend the mayonnaise with garlic, lime, parsley and sumac in a small food processor until smooth. Set aside.
- To cook the chicken, heat a griddle pan and add olive oil. Discard the leftover marinade and grill the chicken with the onions on both sides until golden and cooked through.
- To prepare the wrap, scatter shredded cheese over the bread. While still warm, cut two chicken thighs into two and arrange them over the cheese. Add a few grilled onions.
- Next, add cubed tomatoes. Spread one tablespoon garlic mayo over chicken. Finish it off with some fresh green sprouts. Wrap the tortilla and serve immediately. Repeat for the remaining 2 sandwiches.
Get them from all leading supermarkets