- 1 plum tomato
- ¼ to ½ Jalapeno
- ½ lime juiced
- 1 tsp. chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp. red onion
- 1 tbsp. scallions
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
Assemble the toast:
- 2 slices dense sweet and savory miniature Pullman loaf bread with whole grains, raisins will work
- 1 clove of peeled garlic
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Pinch or sprinkle of cumin
- 1 small soft ripe avocado
- Pinch of Maldon sea salt or any sea salt that is shaved in shard slivers
- Pico di gallo (recipe above)
- 1 plant sunflower sprouts for garnish
- Drizzle of Monini Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Mix in bowl and let sit for 30 minutes room temp so all the flavors meld.
- First assemble all the ingredients in approximate size container to assemble the toast.
- Mix the butter and cumin together in a small bowl making sure the butter becomes room temp. That makes it easy to spread without breaking the bread. Toast the bread making sure you have color on both sides.
- Rub each side of the bread with the clove of garlic. Spread the room temperature butter over the entire surface of the bread.
- Cut the avocado open carefully and remove the pit. Using a spoon remove the skin from the avocado and chop it coarse.
- Spread and smash the avocado on the bread covering the entire surface. Make sure the avocado is chopped and piled with a little height. The look of the avocado should resemble a tuna tartare consistency on the bread.
- Garnish with the pico di gallo, decorate with sunflower sprouts and drizzle with Monini Extra Virgin Olive oil.
Get them from all leading supermarkets