Skip to content
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 350 g (12oz) dried linguine
- 25 g (1 oz) unsalted butter
- 25 g (1 oz) plain ﬂour
- 2 g (½ tsp) mustard powder
- 450 ml (¾ pt) milk
- 150 g (5 oz) Frico Old Dutch Master, grated and shavings to serve
- 10 ½ g (4 tbsp) freshly chopped basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC, 375ºF, gas mark 5.
- Place the tomatoes in a roasting tin, drizzle with the olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook in the top of the oven for 10-15 minutes until soft and starting to brown.
- Bring a large pan of slightly salted water to the boil and cook pasta according to pack instructions. Drain and return to the pan to keep
- Meanwhile in a medium saucepan, place the butter, ﬂour, mustard powder and milk and cook over a medium heat, whisking continuously until the sauce boils and thickens, then stir in the Frico Old Dutch
Master, season to taste.
- Toss the pasta into the sauce; gently stir in the tomatoes and basil. Top with shavings of cheese.