3 – 4 Minutes
- 1 lb wild mushroom
- 8 tablespoon Butter
- 2 small shallots, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 cups chicken stock (or vegetable)
- 1 1/2 cups risotto Rice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley minced, optional
- 2 tablespoon of Monini Truffle Flavored Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Warm broth over low heat in a small saucepan.
- In a heavy skillet melt half of the butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and shallots and saute until tender, about 8 minutes. Add garlic, thyme sprigs, salt and pepper and stir for an additional minute. Remove mushroom mixture from the pan and set aside.
- Add remaining butter to the pan over medium heat. Once melted, add rice and stir until rice begins to look translucent, 3-4 minutes.
- Add ¾ cup dry white wine and lemon juice and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly until liquid is absorbed. Add mushroom stock or 1 cup of vegetable broth and stir until almost all broth is absorbed. Continue adding broth 1 cup at a time, and stir until liquid is almost absorbed. (This step takes 20-25 minutes.)
- Add mushrooms mixture into the rice and stir to combine. Gently stir in heavy cream and parmesan cheese and cook for an additional 5 min on low heat.
- Risotto should be creamy, but firm to the bite. Transfer risotto to a serving bowl and top with freshly ground pepper, shaved parmesan, fresh parsley and a drizzle of Monini Truffle Flavored EVOO.
Get them from all leading supermarkets