- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500 g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3 cm pieces
- 200 g shortcut bacon, chopped
- 1 large leek, trimmed and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 1/2 cups Mutti ‘Passata’ Tomato Puree
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- ground black pepper
- large head of broccoli cut into florets (400 g)
- 75 g drained marinated chargrilled capsicum strips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves, plus whole leaves to garnish
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large flameproof casserole dish over a high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring until brown. Remove chicken from casserole dish and set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon of oil to casserole dish. Reduce heat to medium. Add bacon and leek and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Add garlic and rice and cook, stirring for 2 minutes longer.
- Add passata, stock, wine, thyme, and pepper. Stir to combine. Bring to the boil. Cover and bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven and stir, then add broccoli and capsicum and stir to combine. Cover and bake 15 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven. Stir and cover. Allow to sit for 5 minutes, then stir in chopped basil and Parmesan. Serve garnished with whole basil leaves and extra Parmesan.
- Tip: serve with green salad and crusty bread.
Get them from all leading supermarkets