4- 5 People
- 2 large eggplants, sliced 1 inch thick
- 24 oz jar tomato sauce
- 20 slices Frico Gouda cheese
- 2-4 oz cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat oven to 430°F.
- In two baking trays arrange the sliced eggplants, sprinkle the salt and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the baked eggplant from the oven and turn your broiler on.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce over each eggplant round followed by one slice of Gouda.
- Arrange some fresh spinach and cherry tomatoes over the cheese and broil for 2-5 minutes.
- Make sure you keep a close look while the eggplant is under the broiler as they can burn really fast.
- Serve while still hot.
Get them from all leading supermarkets