- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 x 400 g cans Mutti Polpa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian dried herbs
- ground black pepper
- 500 g penne pasta
3/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
shaved parmesan cheese, to serve
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion and cook for 8 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook, stirring for 2 minutes longer. Add Polpa, dried herbs and pepper and stir to combine. Simmer 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- While sauce is simmering, cook pasta as directed on packet.
- Add basil to sauce and stir to combine. Serve sauce over pasta and top with parmesan.
Roasted ratatouille pasta. Combine 500g chopped eggplant, 1 chopped seeded large red capsicum, 350g halved small mushrooms, 1½ tablespoons chopped rosemary leaves and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Spread onto 2 oven trays lined with baking paper. Bake 20 minutes or until tender. Stir vegetables through pasta sauce before serving.
Spaghetti Marinara. Omit basil. Add ½ cup dry white wine and 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes to the sauce along with the Polpa. Simmer the sauce 20 minutes. Add 850g Marinara mix, cover and cook 4 minutes or until seafood is cooked. Serve with spaghetti and top with chopped parsley.
Quick pasta and meatballs. Remove meat from casings of 500g thick gourmet sausages (such as pork and fennel sausages.). Discard the casings. Roll into meatballs. Place meatballs on a tray lined with baking paper. Bake at 2000C for 12 minutes or until cooked through. Stir meatballs through pasta sauce before serving.
Get them from all leading supermarkets