- 12 oz pappardelle or fettuccine pasta
- finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano
MUTTI BOLOGNESE SAUCE
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter, plus additional for serving
- 3 oz pancetta, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 lbs equal parts ground beef, veal and pork
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cans or 1 can Mutti® Finely Chopped Tomatoes (14 oz., 28 oz., Polpa)
- 3 tbsp Mutti® Double Concentrated Tomato Paste (Doppio Concentrato)
- Heat olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in a large heavy saucepot or Dutch-oven over medium-high heat and cook pancetta until golden brown, stirring frequently. Stir in onion, carrots, celery, salt and pepper and cook about 10 minutes or until vegetables are golden brown and carrots are beginning to soften.
- Add garlic and stir to combine.
- Add the meat to the pot and break it apart with a spoon while browning evenly, stirring occasionally. Stir in milk, reduce heat to low and simmer until almost all liquid has evaporated.
- Add wine, stirring to combine and cook until reduced by about half.
Stir in thyme, bay leaves, tomato paste and finely chopped tomatoes. Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer about 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve in shallow bowls and garnish with additional Parmigiano Reggiano.
Get them from all leading supermarkets