- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 can Mutti® Whole Peeled Tomatoes ((28 oz.) (Pelati) )
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 tbsp of minced fresh parsley
- 3/4-pound penne pasta, cooked and drained
- Heat oil in a large (12-inch) skillet over medium-high heat and sauté garlic and pepper flakes until garlic is golden brown. Squeeze tomatoes to remove excess moisture and stir into skillet. Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Stir in basil and parsley and adjust seasoning as desired with salt.
- To serve, toss with hot cooked pasta and garnish with additional chopped herbs and freshly grated cheese.
Get them from all leading supermarkets