3 – 4 People
- 1/2 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb chicken livers, cleaned, in small pieces
- 4 Tablespoons Monini Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Originale)
- 4 Tablespoons dry white wine, or marsala wine
- 2 Tablespoons capers, rinsed off
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1/2 lemon squeezed
- bread, either firm white slice bread, or a baguette (long French bread) sliced into rounds
- Sauté the celery, carrot and onion in the Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium heat, stirring frequently for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the liver and continue cooking until liver is cooked through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the wine and cook over high heat until evaporated.
- Remove from heat, squeeze the lemon, and let cool.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated for a few hours. When ready to serve, preheat oven to 375º F.
- Slice the bread and place on a baking sheet, baking until lightly golden.
- Remove the toast from oven and spread with the chicken liver mixture.
Get them from all leading supermarkets