2 – 3 People
- One 14 oz can of boiled chickpeas
- 2 oz Tahini (sesame seed sauce)
- 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- Paprika to taste
- One small sprig parsley
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil to taste
- Salt to taste
- Start the preparation by rinsing the boiled chickpeas under running water and squeezing the lemons. In a food processor, combine the chickpeas with the lemon juice, paprika, garlic cloves, parsley and Tahini, a paste made from sesame seeds which is essential for this recipe.
- Blend the ingredients until you get a smooth cream and taste to correct as needed with salt, add a drizzle of oil and continue to mix.
- For a Middle Eastern style table, spoon the hummus into many small bowls and decorate the top of the cream with a drizzle of oil, a pinch of paprika and chopped parsley.
- Serve the hummus with vegetable crudités (carrots, peppers of all colors, spring onions) or with bread.
Get them from all leading supermarkets