- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 kg cubed chuck steak
- 2 brown onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup Madras curry paste
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 400 g can Mutti Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 cardamom pods, bruised
- 500 g potatoes, peeled and cut into 3 cm pieces
- 120 g baby spinach leaves
- Basmati rice
- chapati bread
- Heat half the oil in a large saucepan over a high heat. Add steak and cook, stirring until browned. Remove meat and juices from pan.
- Add remaining oil to frying pan. Add onions and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally. Add curry paste and ginger and cook, stirring for 2 minutes longer.
- Add tomatoes, beef, water and cardamom pods and stir to combine. Cover and simmer for 1 hour; stirring occasionally.
- Uncover; add potatoes and stir to combine. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Remove lid and cook for 20 minutes longer or until the potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add spinach and stir until just wilted. Serve the curry with basmati rice and chapati bread.
Get them from all leading supermarkets