3 – 4 PEOPLE
- ½ cup Monini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 24 small new red, yellow, or white potatoes, scrubbed (not peeled)
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- 12 large leaves fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- ¼ cup freshly chopped Italian parsley
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring the potatoes to boil in a medium, covered pot with salted water. Boil until tender but not falling apart, about 12 minutes.
- Drain and let cool at least 10 minutes. When cool is enough to handle but still warm, peel the potatoes and slice them ½ inch.
- Transfer to large mixing bowl. To make the pesto, puree the basil, olive oil, garlic, onions, chives, parsley and vinegar in a blender or food processor.
- Pour over the potatoes, mix gently, and set aside for at least 1 hour to let the flavour meld. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve at room temperature.
Get them from all leading supermarkets