- 1/3 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 c (50 ml) long grain rice
- 1 can 12 oz (341 ml) Bonduelle red kidney beans
- 2 c (500 ml) sweet corn
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 tsp (10 ml) tex mex spice mix
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 c (180 ml) grape tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes) cut into half
- 1/3 c (80 ml) green and/or black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp (1 to 2 ml) ground chipotle pepper
- Chop cilantro stems and leaves.
- Cook the rice according to package directions and add chopped cilantro stems.
- Preheat oven to 450 ºF (230 ºC).
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, mix together red kidney beans, corn and vegetables. Sprinkle with spices, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, add half of the cilantro and mix.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes with olives and remaining cilantro leaves.
- Divide the rice into 4 bowls. Add a quarter of the beans and vegetable mixture to each bowl and garnish with tomato mixture.
- Add sour cream and sprinkle with chipotle pepper.
Get them from all leading supermarkets